Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day Five; The Partially Inspired World

Day Five;

120 hours. I'm doing fine. Overslept. But what the hell. Let me start off with a verse from Bee Gees' How Deep is Your Love, "cause we're living in a world of fools, breaking us down, when they all should let us be, we belong to you and me". Study these words, I would say. These verses serve as my motto for today. This world we live in, it's not perfect, not even close to it but that's all we have. We can love it, hate it, despise it, celebrate it, not that it really matters. Today, I've realized the fact that how cruel this world can be. Not that anything happened to me or anything but I've seen some footage recorded during wartime, be it during the war in the past or the war that is currently taking place. Death, despair, sadness, misery, cruel are some of the countless words that cant even begin to describe the horror that is war. Why do people have to kill each other just for their own interest. There's a much better solution I think. Who am I to comment on such thing but I have to say it somewhere. And I don't think it's just me, each individual who's normal would describe war as nothing but a malignant act of fools. There's a recorded footage of someone getting shot in the head, execution style. When we saw it in a fictional work, it would be utmost awesome and cool just looking at it. But seeing a real human being, who once was alive, walking, talking, breathing for one moment an then was shot which was follow up by him lying on the floor. Breathless. Motionless. Lifeless. That is something that is hard to be accepted but that's the truth.

Staying at home, doing nothing, I would have never expect that it'll be such a fruitful day for me mentally and emotionally. I feel like I've transcend to an upper level of consciousness. Not that I'm saying that I've changed to someone better or anything but I can see clearly now how the thinly crafted line that divides the world we live in can be confused by us, human being. For once, I can say that it's not a surprising matter that one may feel like ignoring the norm to accomplish their purpose. Or what they thought was their purpose. Killing people, for example is an act of choice. We can choose to kill or to let people live. Clouded by their own mind games, human tend to overlook the the limits they shouldn't cross just to gain their own profits. How ignorant we can be. I'm just a bystander in other's decision. Not that I can intervene or anything but if there's a role I could play in making this world a better place, I would have do so since long ago. And I won't stop looking for it as trying to change the world is not something not to look forward to.

Current mood;
- Anger
- Empathic
- Inspired
- Transcended
- Metaphorical
- Philosophical
- I still miss you

Amidst all these talk about changing the world, it's often said that changing oneself is the first step to change the world. But what if I don't want to change. Would that really a big problem. It can't be denied that for quite some time now, I've been trying to change myself. Looking back at all these things that I've done, I don't really feel the urged to change. Can't I make myself better without changing it. To change oneself is to be someone else. That's why, maybe I'll be someone better but I won't deny what I am and most importantly, what I was. That's why I'm keeping you here. So, from today onwards, I'll move on towards a better day but without leaving anything from the past. You'll be here always in my mind. There won't be a day where my mind is left vacant. I promise that. All the events that have occurred serve as an inspiration for me to keep on living my life without any doubts or worries. Maybe that's what the world need. A thing to inspired itself to keep on going. Going where, let us all decide. What's important is that we leave something to inspire those in the future.

Some random quotes and lyrics for the day;

"It's the same old theme since nineteen-sixteen. In your head, in your head they're still fighting, With their tanks and their bombs, And their bombs and their guns. In your head, in your head, they are dying... " Dolores O'Riordan; The Cranberries; No Need to Argue; Zombie; 1994
The Cranberries - Zombie

"Pick and throw this stone, could it crack the tanks? Could it heal my pain? Could it built back my home? Wish it stops bombing and miss, maltreat the stampede as me I’m tired of flouncing" Lutfi; Interfly; Where's My Damselfly; Plaster (Palestine); 2007
Interfly - Plaster

and as an ode to Mr. Lennon who voices out his opinion;

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"
John Lennon; Imagine; Imagine; 1971
John Lennon - Imagine

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. "
John Lennon

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment